Facebook Marketing in Malaysia

Have you got a question about internet and ISPs? Maybe you know some interesting websites to share.

Facebook Marketing in Malaysia

New postby vckloong2 » 13 Jun 2009 21:35

Hi guys,

I am new here.. just started this thread to learn and share tips on Facebook marketing in Malaysia.
vckloong2

Marketing to a Facebook Group Effectively

New postby vckloong2 » 14 Jun 2009 11:08

Normally, people set up a Facebook group would straight away send out message like a Promotion message. I hate that too. What I meant by sending a message would be something like this. Assuming this is a gardening crowd in Malaysia.

"Hi guys,

Thank you for joining this Malaysian Gardening group. Today I would be sharing a tip on gardening.

--- FOr the next 3 paragraphs, you may be sharing some tip for gardening . This is valuable gardening tips which they joined so that they can learn more about gardening from this group and also from the founder of the group . Then after that, you end with this under the message --

If you want to find out more about gardening, you can visit my blog at http://yourgardeningblogOrWebsite.com

" - End of FB Message-

Therefore, from there, you would not be a spammer, but more of a value giver, who invites people to your blog.

What we do on our side here at JeVince, is we run contests, for example, we have tied up with solid companies like GSC and MPH to give out vouchers and tickets so that they will join the group and also our website on book reading and movie lovers.

Marketing on the web should not be limited to links only, but supported with a solid business model, so that the website or blog does not appear to only TAKE from the users or visitors, but also GIVE. In that sense, we have truly lived out the true spirit of any social media, which Facebook is part of a social media.

This is my 2 cents worth - always give first when you want to receive. For us, we give out vouchers by investing time to talk to companies to give out freebies, and we receive by the members willingly joining, and supporting as well as reading our messages from the group and our newsletters. In that sense, it is compliant to the CAN-SPAM Act enacted in the United States in year 2003, whereby, these are actually solicited commercial emails.

What do you guys think?
vckloong2

New postby Dante » 17 Jun 2009 22:13

I think you are a very entreprenering business man/woman.

Pls continue to share yr tips.
Dante
Grand Chip'rs

Facebook in Malaysia

New postby vckloong2 » 18 Jun 2009 00:00

Hi Dante,

Thanks for you encouraging words.

From what I see, Facebook has an enormous potential amidst all the hype of social networks.

As most of the Facebook users are between ages 25 to 45, that group being largest in population in Facebook, with the current count of 2 million Malaysian Facebook users, the social network practically can connect you to anyone.

What do you think, Dante?

By the way, if you like, you can check out my blog at http://www.jevince.com/blog to find out more about online marketing tips yeah.
Last edited by vckloong2 on 18 Jun 2009 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
vckloong2

Re: Facebook Marketing in Malaysia

New postby crazykid » 25 Sep 2009 00:39

this is such a classic seo and sem.
Opera:Firefox a wannabe =)
crazykid
Senior

Re: Facebook Marketing in Malaysia

New postby ronnie_patrick » 05 Jan 2011 06:15

Facebook is the biggest social networking website. Now it has become necessary for every business to have a page on facebook with which they can communicate with people. Facebook has millions of users so its very useful for marketing.
custom printing | vinyl stickers printing | flyers printing | static clings
ronnie_patrick

Return to WWW & Online Services