Nokia ( How to Delete Protected Files? )

Go nuts over the variety of digital gadgets in the market.

Nokia ( How to Delete Protected Files? )

New postby chunhoecch » 21 May 2011 14:49

I'm currently using Nokia 2700 Classic...
How to delete system files in Nokia phone?
Under Collections contain Converter, Messenger, My Nokia, Ovi Contacts, Search, Share on Ovi, Store, World Clock

Total memory used 3.7MB.
I want to free this amount of memory?
What can I do?
Any help?

Thanks,
Chin Chun Hoe.
chunhoecch
Regular

Re: Nokia ( How to Delete Protected Files? )

New postby Hell's Angel » 21 May 2011 18:40

3.7mb is RAM memory.. deleting apps wouldn't help.. it's not the same with storage mb as u know..

those apps u mean is stored in an IC chip (ROM) memory and there's no way u can delete it...
RAM can only be free by reduce the running processes..

or..

3.7mb of your phone memory?? u know.. those apps didn't count at your phone memory.. they have another special storage (called local Z.. if it's symbian phone)... where the data is actually store on an IC chip..
and.. i believe nokia 2700 classic is just a standard java phone.. so.. my advice might be u just check the file manager and delete what is not appropriated.. such as photos, music, etc..

well.. hope this help... but anyway, why are you so obsessive with it as u can always used another micro-sd as your storage.. (deleting sms and contacts and notes on calendar might help, if u use phone memory to store those thing..) always save contact list on sim card rather than phone memory..
Quote of Hell's Angel :

...Live 4 nothing, die 4 everything...

Hell's Angel
Master Chip'rs

New postby chunhoecch » 23 May 2011 17:13

MY phone memory is the problem, not other files! I gotta my memory card.
The problem is the shortcuts, I cannot enable because of that bunch of apps. Once I enter the settings, the phone jammed!
chunhoecch
Regular

New postby Hell's Angel » 23 May 2011 21:47

By default, it should be stable.. except if u have install plenty of unwanted apps by third party... u might consider try to reformat the phone and give it a try.. Anyway, there's no way u can get rid of those thing.. it's fixed by nokia.. they will still runs everytime u restart the phone.. for example, a music edition phone will have their music player running background all the time, which actually kinda waste the battery... :)

key in *#7780# or *#7370# to soft-reset the phone.. but u will lose some of the data, so do a backup before proceed.. (sorry, not sure how to hard-reset a java phone, try ask around some mobile phone shop)

Important: To proceed to reset, the battery must be full and the mobile device connected to the charger. If during the course of reset, the mobile stop receiving electricity it can ruin the internal flash memory of the mobile device and stop function.
Quote of Hell's Angel :

Hell's Angel
Master Chip'rs

New postby chunhoecch » 26 May 2011 17:18

Restart :

I want to delete protected files on my Nokia 2700, because:
Go to > Options > Select Options > Application list and JAMMED!

The Nokia Apps are updated and it's usage is too much until I even cannot organize my shortcuts anymore!
I don't mean that soft-reset, I tried it and it's just asking me to reset all settings back and not the apps.

My question is, How to Delete Protected Files?
chunhoecch
Regular

New postby Hell's Angel » 26 May 2011 18:21

the reason i ask for a system reset, is so that the apps list can be remove and rebuilt another one.. and all of your self-installed java apps will be flush away from the list and will not work again until u reinstall it back..
was hoping if u remove the apps list, hopefully it will not jammed at displaying the list... it jammed because of too many apps being install.. not to blame for the memory it had.. never abuse your phone because it's not as powerful as a computer.. :) hrm... if u want to remove it so desperately.. i wonder u might need to re-flash your phone with another java phone's OS...
Quote of Hell's Angel :

Hell's Angel
Master Chip'rs

New postby chunhoecch » 27 May 2011 16:50

Hell's Angel wrote:hrm... if u want to remove it so desperately.. i wonder u might need to re-flash your phone with another java phone's OS...

Excuse me, what do you mean?
chunhoecch
Regular

Return to Mobile Phone, PDA & Gadgets