Shutdown Problem

Discussion about troubleshooting, optimizing and tweaking the various flavours of Microsoft Windows

Shutdown Problem

New postby chunhoecch » 30 May 2011 19:11

Why Closing Network Connections appears although I am not using Internet? This doesn't happen before. Anyone, please help? Thanks
chunhoecch
Regular

Re: Shutdown Problem

New postby Hell's Angel » 02 Jun 2011 22:17

...not quite sure what u r trying to ask, but... network connections isn't specifically dedicated just for internet usage so of course it will be appear although u r not using internet... :scratch:
Quote of Hell's Angel :

...Live 4 nothing, die 4 everything...

Hell's Angel
Master Chip'rs

New postby chunhoecch » 03 Jun 2011 17:26

Normally during shutting down PC, on Windows Xp:-
Logging off,
Saving your settings...
Windows is shutting down...

Instead,
Closing network connections,
Logging off,
Saving your settings...
Windows is shutting down...

Why? How to solve this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chunhoecch
Regular

New postby Hell's Angel » 04 Jun 2011 22:41

simple... pull away your network card and never use it to online anymore... or.. disable it from the device manager and turn off your device so that it cannot use your network adaptor, which also means to make it cannot use internet connection or LAN connection with other computer.. otherwise, leave it as it is at the moment.. it's totally normal but u cannot stand for the system to doing it's routine job while shutting down.. OMG..... :twisted:

there are some reason why it is not that way before, 1st.. whether u miss it coz everytime after u turning it off, u leave your PC and go somewhere else, or 2nd, the system is new and fast and that "sentence" had gone bypassed faster than your eyes can catch, or.. 3rd, u haven't had it with network connection before..
Quote of Hell's Angel :

...Live 4 nothing, die 4 everything...

Hell's Angel
Master Chip'rs

New postby chunhoecch » 05 Jun 2011 13:24

Hell's Angel wrote:1. pull away your network card and never use it to online anymore
2. disable it from the device manager and turn off your device so that it cannot use your network adaptor, which also means to make it cannot use internet connection or LAN connection with other computer.. otherwise, leave it as it is at the moment.. it's totally normal but u cannot stand for the system to doing it's routine job while shutting down.
3. there are some reason why it is not that way before, 1st.. whether u miss it coz everytime after u turning it off, u leave your PC and go somewhere else, or 2nd, the system is new and fast and that "sentence" had gone bypassed faster than your eyes can catch, or.. 3rd, u haven't had it with network connection before..

Reply:-
1. It's the only computer I have to go online.
2. Why must I disable? What I want to say is......, why the "Closing network connections" appear? I used for two years and these sentences never appear before? I remembered before this problem appeared, I did meddled the Services which I disabled:-
Alerter,
Application Management,
ClipBook,
Computer Browser,
Error Reporting Service,
Help and Support,
Human Interface Device Access,
IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service,
Network DDE,
Network DDE DSDM,
Routing and Remote Access,
Themes,
Workstation.

I just list the disabled services, because I don't know should I need to list all the Services :???:
chunhoecch
Regular

Return to Windows OS